We seek to work with leading growth companies in the tech-enabled services, industrial technology, and education sectors that are based in North American and have $5-$30 million of EBITDA. Our equity checks range from $50-$125 million. We take a long term approach to value creation driven by investments in the team, product, sales & marketing, and systems. Further, our team has proven to be effective in helping our portfolio companies complete accretive acquisitions.
We are proactively seeking to become the partner of choice for the Independent Sponsor community in our targeted sectors. If we haven’t connected yet, we look forward to doing so soon. Please feel free to drop us a line, or if you are visiting in Southern California or Chicago we would appreciate the opportunity to meet in person.
We are interested in partnering with Independent Sponsor on unique deal situations which usually entails proprietary situations (no auctions), a reasonable valuation, and a unique operational angle brought to bear by either the Independent Sponsor or L Squared.
We are open on to a variety of post-closing economic arrangements based upon the specifics of the situation. Our team has a strong preference for being contacted earlier rather than later in a deal process so that we can provide direct feedback on the deal terms and avoid the need to revisit deal terms that may have already been discussed between the Independent Sponsor and seller(s).
What we won’t look at?
Investments that require less than $15 million of equity, debt or mezzanine securities, venture capital investments, minority investments, real estate, or investments in public securities.
What can you expect from us?
- Highly responsive communication (usually within 48 hours on new deals)
- A quick “no” or a sincere “yes” on new opportunities. We won’t waste your time.
- Interaction with our senior team at each phase of the process.
- A fair economic arrangement, including participation in the equity upside of the transaction.
- We understand and respect the effort and relationship building it took to bring an opportunity to the point where you are discussing it with us. As such, we work collaboratively with you in how we communicate with the seller(s) both during the deal negotiation and diligence phases of the process.
- Ability to leverage our deep network of relationships to assist in due diligence, recruiting management talent, add value post-closing and bringing on value added independent board members.
- Established lending relationships that can help expedite the path to closing.
Taking the next step?
If you have an opportunity that fits our investment criteria we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. Please feel free to e-mail or call Sean Barrette at [email protected] or (949) 398-0178. We look forward to speaking with you.